Garmin has released several new and exciting smartwatch features as part of their September 2023 software update. Software updates are free from Garmin and available through automatic updates or by using Garmin Express software. This new update provides improved functionality and new features to compatible Garmin smartwatches. Keep an eye out for these updates as they will be available over the coming weeks.
New features include:
- Endurance Score: Measure your ability to sustain prolonged efforts using VO2 max, short-term and long-term training loads and other factors. Training data is combined to help you understand how training impacts your endurance.
- Hill Score: Measure your capability for running uphill. Running strength on steep ascents is measured and a score is provided based on your performance over time.
- New Activity Profiles: New activity profiles for team sports include football, soccer, basketball, rugby, hockey, lacrosse and more!
- Relief Shading: Digital elevation data is used to create a 3D look with color and shading on a map.
- Weather Map Overlays: Make informed decisions about the weather by viewing the latest map overlays for precipitation, cloud cover and more.
- Gaming Activity: Integrate with the GameOn app to provide biometric-based data so you can plan breaks with a game power feature and monitor your Body Battery energy levels.
- Fish Forecast: Track sun and mood rise/set times to receive suggestions for the best days and time for successful fishing.
- Training Readiness: Receive a readiness score based on sleep quality, recovery, training load and more!
- Morning Report: Receive an overview of your sleep, recovery and training outlook as soon as you wake! Customize your morning report to include HRV status and weather information.
- Muscle Map for Pilates, Hit and Cardio: See what muscles you are working for HIIT, Cardio and Pilates workouts.
- Workouts App: Easily locate and organize workouts including daily workouts, or those created or downloaded in the Garmin Connect app.
- Red Shift: Reduce sleep cycle disturbances with a change of display color.
Take a look below to see which new features are supported by your specific Garmin watch: